Have You Forgotten?

why the gun is civilization

friday, september 9th, 2011

"human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that's it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force. The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gangbanger, and a single gay guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we'd be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger's potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat – it has no validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed. People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and thatís the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser. People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones donít constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level. The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weightlifter. It simply wouldn't work as well as a force equalizer if it wasnít both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act."

© "GunnyG", aka Dick Gaines.

Around The Garden Center

On this tearful, 10th "anniversary", Have You Forgotten what the murderous, subhuman muslim/islamic filth did To America on 9-11-01, 10 years ago! Here's the US 9-11 Archive; visit it and see just what really happened, if you've "forgotten" that horrible Tuesday in September 2001, since the corrupt, Gov't-controlled media won't show it anymore to us. Here's the Worldwide 9-11 Archive; visit it, too, and REMEMBER! NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE the subhuman, murderous muslim/islamic/filth/trash/garbage, dammit!

After putting-up the Corporate Website Pages' changes, and the latest "John's Journal" entry last Thursday evening, I continued to download and read hundreds of emails from Friends and Customers, who'd heard about me folding my 21+ year business and forwarded some to my younger Sister, Becky in SF, for her to read. After listening to "The Savage Nation" for a while on the Net (from 6-9pm EST), on local WSBA 910-AM, I called it a day around 9:15pm. Tomorrow and Saturday would be long and tiring days, but at least I had my 8pm Church Meeting on Friday to attend, and could leave for "The Cabin" after work at 3pm, on Saturday. Murphy was already waiting upstairs for me.

I slept-in Friday until the alarm went-off at 4:15am, watered & fed Murphy, made a quick breakfast & coffee, scanned the weather and news sites, mentally-debated whether or not to go to the 8pm Church Mtg, and even maybe not to go to "The Cabin" for the Sunday & Monday Labor Day Holiday Weekend, but I decided to leave for work and get some fresh air on the drive and re-think a number of those things. I knew that I had piles of "unfinished work" on my desk for various Customers, and requests from others for work, now that the 35% Off Sale has taken effect. Somehow, I just wasn't "into it", anymore.

It was dark when I got to the Complex at 6:15am, and somehow I felt "like a stranger", opening the front chain gate, buildings, GHs and even in my Office of 21+ years. But there were numerous things to get done and I had to plow ahead, no matter how I felt inside about it all. It was payday for my employees, and I had enough to cover that, with A/R checks which had come-in during the week. It was a mildly-busy retail day, with the 35% Off Sale sign prominently-displayed in front of the GC&N Complex, down by Rt 24's front grass strip, and Saturday promised to be an even busier day due to a potential large-ticket LSCP customer and his wife coming-in to see their design/plans and plant material. Rich would handle them, even though he's laid-off, effective this past Monday, as we all are.

After closing-down at 3pm, I came home, got an email from my Texan friend, Ben, and called him on my cellphone, which had "4 battery bars" showing. Halfway through the conversation, it beeped 2x and went dead. Not having his cell/land line numbers except in the cell, I couldn't call back to finish our talk, so I charged the damned phone for the rest of the afternoon and into the evening, as I went to my Church Meeting on Friday at 8pm, and got back around 9:30. I sent him some follow-up emails to explain what happened and will call back to finish the talk we were having, sometime. Murphy was all over me for water and some more food, for which I accommodated him on both counts. Tired from another day of "too much, too quick", I crashed at 10pm, since I had to get-up at 4am and be into work on Saturday, by 8am. Dad, Steffi and Jon would be in, and I'd leave for "the Cabin" after we closed at 3pm (newly-revised, "Limited Fall Hours": Mon-Sat, 8am-3pm; Sun, 11am-3pm). But we'd be closed both this Sunday (4th) and Monday (5th) for the Labor Day Weekend Holiday.

On Friday afternoon after the cellphone "shit-the-bed", I packed my selected weapons and gear for the Saturday trek to "The Cabin": my old faded and worn, US Army Duffel Bag from The 'Nam full of 4 complete changes of clothes, Satchel Bag full of all kinds of "special survival necessities", 16" English Wellington Boots (snakebite-proof boots, plus deer/wood tick protection), Hoppe's Premium Field Gun Cleaning Kits, If I hadn't invented "Adam's Junction and "The Virtual Cabin" to escape to, I'd have probably gone "nuts" over a year ago, with all the many extra taxes, rules & regulations that this lousy economy and innumerable traitors in DC have placed upon me and my business, in just the past 2-3 years, now causing me to *Go Out Of Business*, after 21 years. Although "virtual" when I'm there, it's "real" to me and I "come back" refreshed and ready for another week in the "real world". 16" Bowie Knife, 12" LLBean Maine Insulated Hunting Boots (more deer/wood tick protection) plus just good comfy sense in that rocky terrain, Tactical Range Vest (too hot in this hot weather, but I take it anyway), my Deputy Sheriff Badge & ID, which I always carry with me daily even in York, my AR-10 .308cal (7.62 x 51mm NATO), with Leupold Gold Dot CQ/T Scope, extra Hi-Power .308cal ammo (7.62 x 51mm NATO) ammo, my Remy 11-87 AutoLoader 12ga Shotgun with an EoTech Red Dot Scope, and plenty of devastating Federal 12ga .00 Buck "FliteControl®" ammo, my Beowulf .50cal with an EoTech Red Dot Scope, and plenty of Hi-Power ammo (300gr .50cal rounds), my Full-Auto, Class III Bushmaster AR-15 .223cal (5.56 x.45mm NATO),

"Castle Doctrine" is PA Law, as of August 27th, 2011!

with a Trijicon Acog 4 x 32 Scope, and of course, various Eagle Carrying Bags with pockets and compartments for all rifles, shotguns, spare magazines and PVC "techno-crates" to carry it all in the Jeep. I now have 27,500+ rounds "stockpiled" at "The Cabin", for all the various 7-8 calibers I own; "just about enough", I figure, in case TSHTF if I'm there. With only the 2-day (for me) Labor Day Holiday Weekend left, I don't have many more "escapes" from all this "going-out-of-bsiness" BS in York, to a more "peaceful & tranquil place", than my "Virtual Cabin", before I'd be back again working a "Limited Hours", 7-days-a-week in September & maybe October. We might not even last until October; I don't know.

I slept-in until 4:15am on Saturday, watered & fed Murphy, made some Fresh-Squeezed OJ, a decent-sized breakfast for a change, now that I "felt better about things" after going to my Church Meeting last evening. After scanning the weather and news sites, I decided to wait until it was light outside to leave, as I hate driving in the dark. It was dusk when I went to the Church Mtg at 7:20pm last evening and dark coming home; I'd wait this morning and do some computer work, answering some of the many emails of customers and friends about my closing.

Saturday was a fairly busy day, with many people coming-in to take advantage of the sale. I ran over to Freedom Armory to pick-up 2 cases of devastating, "Police Issue" Federal 12ga .00 Buck "FliteControl®" ammo at 10am, and then we got busy. I just wish it'd been 2-3x this busy all year and I wouldn't now be in a "shut-down/going-out-of-business mode". We now have the weeks of August 5th, 12th and 19th booked with landscape jobs, tree installations and pruning and/or maintenance jobs. Two of my favorite people and friends, whom I notified that I was closing my business, and long-time customers, whose home we'd landscaped over the past 6-7 years, and is one of the most beautiful in all of York – Jen & Troy – came-in to visit, and she nearly

brought-me-to-tears with her, as we hugged. The 3 of us spent time reminiscing about "lots of things", and it was the high point of my week. I made a decent number of retail sales, logged-in a landscape job and closed at 3:15pm, to leave for my home and "The Cabin".(Jump down to The “Virtual Cabin” – A Novella; if you please.).

Steffi and her husband, Tommie, came in to water the GHs on Sunday, but with the cloudy, rainy days, the covered plants would have been okay if she hadn't. With all the rain over the weekend, the outside Irrigation Systems were probably either tripped-off or damaged by lightening strikes. I won't know for sure until I get in on Tuesday morning and check the Pump House breakers and outside Irrigation Box motherboards, to determine their condition. And with the t-storms, a lot of nursery stock was probably blown-down and didn't receive watering in their pots, which means a lot of "hand work" on Tuesday, by all of us. Rich has people coming in on Tuesday morning to review more Landscape Plans/Designs, in the hopes that we can bring some more work in to keep the remaining 6 employees working through September. Otherwise, I'll "call it quits" on Friday, September 30th, finally, and shut everything down. I'll also be meeting with some auctioneers this week to determine if that's a way I want to go to liquidate inventory, buildings and the 20-acres. I called it a day at 8:30pm on Monday, and would get in early to survey the damage.

Murphy had me up at 3:30am, to water & feed him, so I logged-on and scanned the news and weather sites, as I prepared my breakfast and Turkish-Grind, French Roast, Drip Coffee in the Chemex® Drip System. I was dressed and on my way by 5:15am, in the dark – did I mention before that I hate driving to/from work in the dark?– but had a lot of paperwork to catch-up on since Saturday's busy retail day. I also had a large Landscape Estimate revision to do, email back to Rich for review and okay before I can mail it and the HICPA Hardscape Contract, and get some other jobs logged-in this month, before closing-down on Friday, September 30th (the "anticipated date", right now). Since Alan was having a tooth removed on Tuesday, and might not be into work even on Wednesday, I called Arthur and Jon and told them not to come into work today, as it was too wet to get anything worthwhile done. We have several tree installations, storm clean-up at Mom & Dad's home and some other things for the rest of the week, providing the weather cooperates. If not, I'll reschedule them to the wo/ Sept 19th, as it "looks like good weather", and the wo/ Sept 12th is booked solid. I also added my "annual condo gardens clean-up project", very early to the list, for the wo/ Sept 19th, instead of waiting until mid- or late-October. Yes, I pay my company for that work, just at the same $55/hr labor rate which any other Customer does. Always have.

We've gotten heavy rain all through the 3-day Labor Day Weekend from Tropical Storm Lee in the Gulf Region, and now the 137.50mph-wind Hurricane Katia is a Cat-4 storm, headed to the East Coast. ***Flood Watches*** are in effect until late Wednesday, for this area. Yes, it's "Hurricane Season" through the end of October, and a soggy, partial-week ahead of us. It's doubtful we'll get "Mother Nature's In Charge; We're Just Along For The Ride." – John Shelley II, 1997 much outside work done, as wet as it is and it's going to be that way all-day Tuesday and into Wednesday, it's now predicted. The GC&N Complex rain gauge read 4½", but it has a slight "frost crack" in it, so I knew we'd gotten way more than in indicated. I had 764 emails in the Thunderbird Email queue, only a few of which were worth answering; the rest were "junk" and tagged as such. I checked the 4 outdoor Nursery Irrigation System Controllers, turned them to "Rain Off", and all motherboards were OK and functioning. Dad and Steffi were in on Tuesday. It was a miserable, cold and rainy Tuesday, and I actually TURNED-ON THE HEAT IN THE MAIN RETAIL BUILDING. I've never done that before, in early September, in all my 21+ years.

Rich's 9:30 Landscape Customer appointment canceled/rescheduled due to the cold, rainy weather and I closed-down at 10:15am. I had 3 stops to make on the way home and the rain continued at 61°F, chilly enough to wear one of my favorite Pendleton Woolen Board (Over)Shirts, of which I have 10 or 11, over my usual starched shirt & knit tie. Heat and a Pendleton Woolen Shirt in September? Where's that "Glo-Bull Warming Crap" at, these days, AlGoreBore-Idiot-Scam-Criminal? Eh?

It was nice to get home at 11:15am, water & feed Murphy, and check the various Net Weather Sites for the week's remaining forecast; at least I know what I'm up against now in rescheduling numerous jobs. It was still raining and it's predicted that we'll get another 4-8" today and tomorrow, on top of all the rain (5-6"+) we got over the Labor Day Weekend. ***Flood Warnings*** are now in effect until late Thursday for this area. The numerous Net News Financial Sites painted another glum picture of the economy this morning: DJIA already down -304.25pts/ S&P down -64.85pts, by 10:50am, and seemingly just getting worse for the day.

I curled-up for a "short nap" on the LR Couch and woke-up 3¾ hours later. It was damp and cold, so I *turned-on the heat, up to 80°F*. 0n September 6th, no less! I listened on the Net, on WSBA 910-AM to "The Savage Nation", from 6-9pm EST, watered Murphy one more time, and called it a day. It would be another ugly day and I'd have to reschedule several tree installations,

I was up at 4:30am on Wednesday, watered & fed Murphy, made my usual Fresh-Squeezed OJ, some Quaker Oats® Peaches & Cream Oatmeal this time, and Turkish-Grind, French Roast, Drip Coffee in the Chemex® Drip System. I had the heat turned-up for 15-20 minutes to 80°F, to "take the chill off the condo", and then shut it off completely, for the day. My cleaning people would be here today, since the Labor Day Monday Holiday had messed-up their weekly schedule for my – they usually clean my condo on Tuesday – work. Tuesday was a complete washout at work, due to Tropical Storm Lee and it looks like today will be also – just too muddy to get anything done – as its remnants continue churning up the East Coast toward us, while Hurricane Katia also moves toward us in the Atlantic. No telling what that'll bring in the next few days. I have a pile of tree installations/ landscape jobs rescheduling to do, plus revised estimates and hardscape contracts to get done and mailed this morning. Not to mention 3 site visit which I've put-off for 1-2 weeks, and a meeting with the best local auctioneers, to explore that "most unpleasant method" of buildings/contents/land liquidation, though I doubt I'll go that pennies-on-the-dollar route. I need to try to get away and get a haircut this Thursday or Friday; I should have done it yesterday, dammit. If I call it quits early due to the weather, I'll try today, if they're not too busy.

After getting to work at 6:30am, I did the needed Landscape Estimate revisions, HICPA Contract and cover note, and got it all ready for mailing. Kim & Arthur were in for 3 hours, as was a customer from Jarrettsville, Maryland, who'd bought several thousands dollars retail last Saturday, to buy more plant material for delivery. He also gave us a Jap Maple pruning job, so we'll deliver the plants at no charge, since we're going there anyway to do a $400-$500 pruning job. Alan was still recuperating from the tooth extraction; Jon called and I told him to stay home, and Steffi was off for the day, as was Dad. I rescheduled todays and tomorrows tree installations to the wo/ September 19th, and then the

skies opened-up and "all hell broke loose". It rained poured typhooned 3-4" in less than 30 minutes and my just-emptied rain gauge and almost-full BILLION GALLON retention ponds began rapidly-overflowing on to Rt 24, parts of which were already under 1-2ft of water. I haven't seen it rain like this in years! Large, old-growth trees were coming down as the overly-saturated ground could no longer support their shallow root systems. I made some of my "Killer Turkish-Grind, French Roast Coffee" for everyone, while we stayed inside and dry, and just watched the deluge, in total amazement. Thunder and lightening strikes were everywhere. I quickly checked the NWS' Site and there was a huge line of Tropical Storm Lee's t-storms, 400-500 miles long and 50-60 miles wide, coming "slowly" north along the Eastern Seaboard, up from the Atlantic Ocean and Cape Hatteras straight at York County, and all were "red & orange cells", meaning HEAVY-DUTY RAIN. This would continue for the rest of the day and through the night, most likely. Poles with phone and electric wires were also affected by the huge, falling trees, and we could hear emergency vehicle sirens all over the place.

I closed-down at 11:30am, just as the rain let-up for a few minutes, closed the front chain gate, and then the skies opened-up again and the deluge continued even heavier as I drove north on Rt 24 through the tiny borough of Winterstown and much larger borough of Red Lion, into East York, to the Weis Market to do some food shopping. Since I'll be working 7-days-a-week now through the end of September, I have to shop now when I can, instead of doing my usual, early Sunday morning trips. (((sigh))). I was half-soaked by the time I made a run for the store, even though I parked as close as I could. At many points, Rt 24 was under 1-2ft of water, and even in my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee "Laredo" with 15" chassis-to-road clearance, I had to slow way down to get through it, while many others had tried to, and were stalled-out and "littering the road" in both directions. I called 911 to get them some help, but 911 was also deluged with "priority" accidents, electrical fires from downed trees on power lines, and they said "they'd get to it as soon as some emergency vehicles were available". That's all I saw on the way home: Police/Fire/Ambulance emergency vehicles and utility trucks/crews from Met-Ed/Verizon/Columbia Gas etc, seemingly everywhere. It was a mess.

Just as I came out of the East York Weis Market, it began raining even harder, and the roads back to my condo were severely-flooded, with scores of overloaded storm drains blowing water 2-3ft back up into the air, more commercial and industrial retention ponds overflowing, and stalled passenger/sports cars – who'd stupidly tried to *speed through* the flooded spots – littering the roads, full of frantic drivers and passengers. (Sorry, no sympathy for them.) The SUVs and assorted pick-ups were smart enough to *slow down* and carefully/slowly-drive through the flooded road areas. I was just glad to get home and off the roads by 2:30pm. My cleaning lady and her husband were just finishing-up as I pulled into my garage, and unloaded the 6 bags of groceries.

After putting the groceries away, and getting some ready to take to work in the morning, I listened on the Net, on WSBA 910-AM to "The Savage Nation", from 6-9pm EST, watered & fed Murphy one more time, and called it another day. 4:30m would come early, and Thursday looked like another "wash-out" for all of us.

The pounding rain and thunder woke-me-up at 11:30pm and again at 1:45am, as it sounded like a "freight train" on my condo's 4 skylights. I got up at 4am, took care of Murphy's needs, made breakfast and coffee, scanned the weather and new sites, and looked at the local flooding pics at The York Daily Record's site – if you view 5+ articles, they want you to PAY $5.99/mo to view more pages – YDR is a truly FUCKED-UP company! – so I went to the Harrisburg Patriot News to check the flooding pics and news. I left for work in the dark, in the continuing downpour, at 6:20am. The local news reports said that "this is the worst flooding since Hurricane Agnes in 1972". I believe it; Agnes was a real bitch (so I heard), though I wasn't living here at the time. I was living in Miami, going through it and many other hurricanes.

Anyway, I carefully drove along the many flooded roads in the pouring rain, got to the Complex around 6:50am, went-in the "secret back way", called Dad, Steffi, Alan & Arthur and told them to stay home. I also called the day's 2 appointments and left messages about rescheduling into next week, and called Friday's LSCP Job, which also needed to be rescheduled. The GC&N's rain gauge again overflowed at 6"; that makes 12"+ in less than 2 days. They're "officially-reporting 5" of rain" in York County: BULLSHIT! It's TWICE THAT, MORONS! Last night's reports of scores of road closures, including I-83 in both directions at several major exits, had been rescinded, as crews had worked to clear storm drains and cut-in new run-off ditches to get the rainfall pooling off of the many roads. It was a real mess, everywhere. I closed-down at 8am, and went home for the day. There were several bad accidents along the way, where people had hit flooded roads at high speeds with their vehicles, and were thrown-off the road into phone poles or fences, shearing them off and wrecking the vehicles. Sorry, no sympathy for those idiots. I also stopped at Walt's Barber Shop in Red Lion, and got an overdue haircut.

Thursday, 11:30am and it's still raining, with much more to come throughout the day. The nearby Susquehanna River is rising and flooding is already invading Eastern York County. Once again, my age-old, widely-quoted saying – "Mother Nature's In Charge; We're Just Along For The Ride." – still holds true now, and for all time. Always will, too. I made a Grilled Cheese Sandwich w/ Veggies and some Sun-Dried Tomato Soup for lunch – "comfort food" – turned-on the heat, lit a fire, and curled-up on the LR couch, for a couple of hours.

The “Virtual Cabin” – A Novella

It was 15:50hrs (3:50pm) and 99°F when I left my condo in East York, and hit I-83 North to the Dauphin County exit for Adam's Junction and the long, creekside road to "The Cabin", and it was almost 16:15hrs (4:15pm) when I passed the Village's "Welcome Sign" and reached my 1,000ft gravel driveway with its immaculately, cross-hatched mowed meadow and grounds, parked the Jeep at The Cabin's front porch, disarmed the building, greeted Jenny (the mixed-breed, half-frozen puppy I'd found along the road, rescued, and bought from her uncaring owners for $150 last Winter), fed & watered her, unloaded my weapons and gear, turned-down the AC, unpacked, and plopped-down into a comfy LR chair to rest and unwind for a precious few minutes. It was a balmy 71°F outside, according to The Cabin's Professional-Grade Weather Station, but very humid from all rain from Tropical Storm Irene, last weekend.

There were areas of this northern county in Pennsylvania which are flat or low-lying, and flooded-out badly, on the western side of I-83: whole towns underwater and widespread business and personal damage, ruined farmland for years, irreparable homes lost forever, The photos of this damage are heart-breaking, but at least lives weren't lost and the damage can be repaired. That's a small consolation to those who lost everything, I know. numerous roads destroyed by undermining water flows, cemetaries compromised and coffins exposed, flooded roads impassable to anything and thousands of people totally-displaced, homeless and hungry. I did see some destruction on the road into The Cabin, but it was mostly downed trees which could be removed. Fortunately, Adam's Junction is in the mountains and the ground wasn't previously too wet to be further damaged by Tropical Storm Irene's 5-7" of rainfall here. But it had been saturated several times, in past months, and I participated in numerous house-to-house rescues, with Police, Fire & Public Works Dept personnel, saving lives and livestock.

I called Capt Clay to let him know that I was in town, and that the Class III Weapons could be brought-out tonight or at 8am, for the "shooting lessons" to start at 10am on Sunday. He said they'd be there with an armored truck, escorted by by a 4-car/10 Trooper State Police Detail at 8am, and that he and 3 Deputies would be my "first firearm students" at my Cabin's Outdoor Shooting Range, and that all the PA State Police wanted to stay around for the lessons and observe. Would that be okay? I said, "sure thing". It was going to be a busy and hectic morning. Good thing I'd brought plenty of targets, my personal weapons and special ammo along.

I also had a small shopping list of stuff I needed to get in town before many of the stores closed at 19:00hrs (7pm), for their Labor Day Holiday Weekend festivities. Many did have window signs posted that they'd be "Open On Labor Day Monday", though. I could easily get all these things before I left the York area, but it was just good sense to patronize so many of the local businesses; besides most of them were now friends of mine, after almost 2 years of "my visiting and living" in the quaint old village of Adam's Junction, on the weekends.

On the drive into town, I noticed some "new occupant activity" with 2 rented moving vans, at the old Benson Home, by a new couple just moving-in, Troy & Jennifer Amderson, who'd also opened a new "Chocolates Shop", replete with all kinds of "homemade goodies", their bobby and specialty now turned into a nice business, right-off AJ's North Town Square on Main St, which I'd also seen on my last visit, but hadn't stopped into yet. I was determined to visit it and sample some of their specialties. Chocolate was one of the many things I'd "sworn-off" on January 10th, to lose my unneeded 85-lbs in 4mos, but "a little bit" would be a treat after all these many long months of self-denial. Besides, they had a solar-greenhouse built into the side of their home and it looked like they might need some help in deciding what to grow in it; I'd be glad to evaluate and help them. That's one thing I didn't have at my Cabin, but had plenty of at my business.

Chocolate was one of the many things which I'd "sworn-off" on January 10th, to lose those unneeded 85-lbs in just 4 short months, but "a little bit" would be a real treat for me, after all these many long months of self-denial. But then, I always had my Sherbet "addiction" to fall back upon, if all else failed.

First things, first. I took Jenny with me and we drove to Bev & Tony's General Store to get Marlboros, milk and let them know that I'd be stopping by my late fiancee's – Gabrielle's grave – who was killed in a car crash on Christmas Eve, December 24th, 2010, to plant some new perennials for her. We'd just gotten engaged and were ready for our first baby in a few months, despite our differences in age, but that didn't matter at all. We'd been through a lot already, and it would all end abruptly that terrible Christmas Eve Day. I stopped by the memorial marker which I'd placed on Rt 707, where she died, laid a single Red Rose for her, and continued on to her grave in the cemetary, to re-flower her grave with some new "virtual perennials" I'd just bought at Midlands' Garden Center just outside Adam's Junction. It was getting on to 18:00hrs (6pm), and with tears streaming down my face, Jenny and I headed to Old Mrs Patagonia's Bakery for some "Hot Cross Sticky Buns" and fresh-baked, crusty Italian bread and to say hi to her. She looked more tired than usual and I hugged her and gave her a kiss on her wrinkled cheek. Jenny licked her face, too.

We next headed for Capt Clay's Office at the newly-renovated Police Station & Town Hall, and went inside. I knocked on Clay's door and went in; Jenny promptly curled-up on Clay's new leather couch. He wasn't thrilled about that, so I asked him for a small couch for my next door office, and said Jenny'd then use it instead of his. He said that "he'd see what he could do". (Since it was me who'd "secretly donated" $1,500,000 for the building's total renovation from my gold nugget stash, I knew I'd get a couch. He knew that, too.) He and his first 3 Deputies – Tim, Alan and Jon – would be at

my Cabin by 8am, with the PA State Police and new Class III Weapons shipment, for me to check first, and then teach them how to properly sight-in and when/how to use, reload and clean each. After I was satisfied, each weapon would be "officially-issued" and the first 3 Deputies would return to AJPD for duty, and the second 3 Deputies – Alex, Lee and Arthur – would arrive for the same instruction and drills, based upon my Special Forces training and 3 Tours in VietNam, plus what I'd shown them while a Volunteer Deputy here in Adam's Junction. The State Police required that I wear my Deputy Sheriff Badge & ID, dark, navy-blue Deputy Sheriff Baseball Cap, my sidearm Kimber 1911 "Eclipse Target II" .45cal ACP, Galco FED Holster, and the Galco Dual 8-Round Mag Carrier for my personal Kimber 1911 "Eclipse Target II" .45cal, along with a "Firearms Instructor" T-Shirt, issued by them. I had no problem with any of that.

I'd be instructing the 6 AJPD Deputies in Kimber 1911 .45cal ACP, full-auto AR-15 (.223cal), full-auto AR-10 (.308cal), semi-auto Beowulf (.50cal) and semi-auto Remy 11-87 (12ga) usage, which would then become "official AJPD-Issue Weapons". The PA State Police were even considering adopting my recommendations, and that's why 10 (two high-up "Brass" among them), would observe the 4-5 hours of instruction at my Cabin's Outdoor Shooting Range. Highly-unorthodox, to say the least, but very smart, IMO.

It was getting on to 21:00hrs (9pm) and I put Jenny back on her leash, and we left for The Cabin, to get some sleep. 5am would come early, and at 8am, I had to be 101% for this demonstration, instruction and test of my "mettle". There could be no failures, at any time. My "reputation", based upon Capt Clay's highly-regarded recommendation, was on-the-line. I was ready to rock-'n-roll. I wasn't about to fail this test. We drove back to The Cabin, I disarmed it, turned-down the AC to 77°F, laid-out everything for breakfast, clothes and weapons on the 2nd Bedroom's bed, fed & watered Jenny for the night, checked the doors and windows, tested the front/rear spotlight arrays, armed the building and went to sleep in the Master BR. Jenny curled-up at the foot of the bed, and I had the unholstered Kimber .45cal on the nightstand, "cocked & locked", as always.

I was up at 05:00hrs (5:00am), fed & watered Jenny, got dressed and heard the driveway pressure-plate alarm sound, as cars were coming-up the 1,000ft gravel road. It was several AJPD Cruisers, with Capt Clay and his 3 Deputies arriving at 06:15hrs (6:15am). I had set the Dining Room Table last night, had Turkish-Grind, French Roast, Drip Coffee in the Chemex® Drip System brewing and would make them breakfast. I disarmed the building, let the 4 in and began making breakfast: "Killer" Frittatas, Eggs, Bacon, Grits & Roasted Potatoes, Regular Eggs Benedict, Eggs Benedict & Hash Browns, Smoked, Slab Bacon, "Hot Cross Sticky Buns" slathered with Butter, Hot, Buttered Toast, Grits w/ Butter & Sea Salt, and plenty of coffee. After all that, I had 2 loads of dishes and pans to do, and used the dishwasher. All 4 pitched-in and helped clean-up the Kitchen and Dining Room.

We went into the Living Room, where I'd laid-out my personal weapons – Kimber 1911 "Eclipse Target II" .45cal ACP, full-auto AR-15 (.223cal), full-auto AR-10 (.308cal), semi-auto Beowulf .50cal and semi-auto Remy 11-87 12ga – of which they'd get exact "Official Issue" copies and went through each one in basic detail: sighting, dry-firing, teardown, cleaning and re-assembly. As the PA State Police and Capt Clay had requested, I was dressed in jeans, the "Firearms Instructor" T-Shirt, 12" LLBean Maine Insulated Hunting Boots,

Tactical Range Vest, had my Deputy Sheriff Badge & ID, dark, navy-blue Deputy Sheriff Baseball Cap, my sidearm Kimber 1911 "Eclipse Target II" .45cal ACP, Galco FED Holster, and the Galco Dual 8-Round Mag Carrier for my Kimber 1911 .45cal, and since it was only 56°F outside, I'd be wearing my Corduroy Barn Coat against the chill. I was ready. Jenny would be kept inside for the duration of the two Sessions, however long they actually lasted.

It was just past 07:40hrs (7:40am), and we heard more vehicles coming-in the driveway, as the pressure-plate alarm went-off. The armored PA State Police Convoy pulled up to circle turnaround, where the AJPD Cruisers were parked – I parked my Jeep on the left side of The Cabin by the side door and out-of-the-way – and a bunch of huge guys emerged: 10 PA State Troopers. All were built like "brick shit-houses", well-over 6'1" and 220-lbs and wearing black or camo SWAT Uniforms and body armor. Some began unloading sealed boxes of Class III Weapons while others stood heavily-armed guard and took 360° positions around the armored truck, with their FFL (Federal Firearm Licensed) Supervisor inventorying everything which came out of the truck. After everything was unloaded on to my side/back deck & picnic table, introductions were made and it was easy for me to keep track of everyone, since they all had official "Police Nametags", including the AJPD Force. I was the only one who didn't; they just called me "Mr Shelley, Sir".

I went through each AJPD Officer's new set of weapons – Kimber 1911 "Eclipse Target II" .45cal ACP, full-auto AR-15, full-auto AR-10, semi-auto Beowulf .50cal and semi-auto Remy 11-87 12ga – with the PA State Police FFL, Capt Clay (AJPD) and Capt Peterson & Major Bottoms from the PA State Police, plus State Troopers Helms, Kinley, Horn, Freeman, Cotton, Leonardi, Marsten, Brattons, Manetti and Mosley. All were multiple-year PA State Trooper veterans with 5-17 years of service, and well-versed in weapons, but none had had the US Military Sniper background in VietNam and 3rd Special Forces (Green Berets) 101st Airborne experience which I had. We moved over to the Cabin's Outdoor Shooting Range and I began instruction &target practice, which lasted 2 hours, with 4 10-minute "rest breaks". They were amazed at *what they didn't know*, when I finished.

I taught them: 1) Threat Assessment & Infiltration, 2) Sighting & Targeting, 3) Covert Sniper Techniques, 4) Magazine Loading Techniques, 5) Topic #3's Firing From The 3-Positions, 6) Rapid-Fire, Shot-Count & Reload, 7) Weapon Jam-Clearing, 8) Weapon Teardown & Cleaning, 9) Weapon Re-Assembly, and 10) How To "Hybridize" Two Weapons Into One. It was quite an eye-opener for all of them.

Each State Trooper, plus the Captain and Major come up to me afterward and personally-thanked me for the 2-hour course: "It was far, far better instruction that we received at the PA State Police Academy", they all said, matter-of-factly. The Major and Captain wanted to talk to me at-length about a "job with them", but I said that I had a Sub-S Corp Business to close-down first, and then perhaps I'd be interested. They gave me their personal cards and asked me to call them when I was ready to talk. I thanked them both for their interest and courtesy.

The 1st Session completed and out of the way, Clay's 3 Deputies left and the 2nd set of 3 AJPD Deputies arrived 20 minutes later for their weapons and training. We went through the same instruction, drill, routine and practice for each. The PA State Police left right after the 2nd set of 3 AJPD Deputies arrived and officially-issued their Class III Weapons; Clay remained for and participated in both Sessions. I was getting tired by now, and it was almost 13:00hrs (1:00pm). After the 2nd set of AJPD Deputies left, Clay and I sat at the side porch picnic table, let Jenny outside with us, and had some fresh coffee. He offered to buy lunch at Nell's Kitchen Restaurant & Drive-In, and I took him up on it. I loaded my Beowulf .50cal with an EoTech Red Dot Scope, and 10 extra 11-round mags of 300gr .50cal rounds (causing massive damage to whatever it hits inside of 200yds) into the Jeep's backseat, checked Jenny's food and water, turned the AC to 77°F, armed The Cabin and followed him in my Jeep.

If I hadn't invented "Adam's Junction and "The Virtual Cabin" to escape to, I'd have probably gone "nuts" over a year ago, with all the many extra taxes, rules & regulations that this lousy economy and innumerable traitors in DC have placed upon me and my business, in just the past 2-3 years, now causing me to *Go Out Of Business*, after 21 years. Although "virtual" when I'm there, it's "real" to me and I "come back" refreshed and ready for another week in the "real world".

After parking in thhe nearly-deserted lot, we went inside to the Booth Area, ordered Bacon Cheeseburgers w/ Home Fries and Club Sodas w/ Lime. Since it was Sunday, the 3 Churches in Adam's Junction had let-out and Nell's should be packed, but it wasn't. There was a Community Labor Day Picnic being held at the Picnic & Fairgrounds Park, which had drawn a lot of people, and which would be repeated tomorrow and at night, with fireworks. That's probably where everyone was; they certainly weren't here. Even the usually-busy Lunch Counter was almost empty. He filled me in on the capture and prosecution of Roy, the late Randy's father who'd been involved with him and the Holtzapples/Groves, in the meth-coke distribution ring, and that several investors from Adam's Junction had bought Roy's Shell Gas & Service Station and the new, next door Bed & Breakfast Roy had allegedly built with drug monies, kept the name for now, and were running it at a nice profit. The new motel was booked-up for months by people traveling north and south on I-83, and I'd stop there for gas, as usual, before leaving for York. Losing Randy was a personal blow to me; I genuinely liked him, but had no idea he and his dad were involved in that insidious drug distribution ring.

We finished lunch, paid the bill and I left a 25% tip for the grateful waitress, when Clay got a "2-11 In-Progress" call over his VHF 5w Police Belt Radio. It was happening at another convenience store on the west side of town; we were on the north side and 7-8 minutes away, so Clay went "Code 2" (lights but no siren) until we hit intersections and then he used it to stop traffic to get us through quickly, with an accident. I was 10ft off his rear bumper all the way, with one eye on the road and one eye on his brake lights. When we pulled-up to the "Minute Market" store, Deputies Alan and Tim were already there in separate AJPD Cruisers, and Clay and I took the back of the small building in the strip mall. I used Clay's radio to remind the Deputies to "use what I taught you this morning, dammit!", and this had the potential to quickly-develop into a hostage situation, if employees or customers were involved inside the store. Two vehicles were parked in front of the store, and Deputy Tim had cleared the adjacent stores, so no one was in harm's way, yet, that we knew about. It was 13:20hrs (1:20pm).

I tried the back entrance, but it was locked, so I snuck along the narrow 4ft-wide alleyway in between the convenience store and next door business, a hardware store. Its 12-15 narrow windows were 7ft+ up the painted cinderblock wall, and I grabbed a heavy-duty PVC crate to stand on to peer inside, while Clay covered me with his Beowulf .50cal. I had my Kimber .45cal and my Beowulf .50cal with me, with plenty of extra mags for both units, in my Tactical Range Vest pockets. After leaning the Beowulf against the wall, I could only see 3 definite "bad guys", with both pistols and sawed-off 12ga shotguns, and either 1 or 2 employees and/or 1 employee and 1 customer. Then I saw another man lying on the floor, behind an aisle shelf, in a large pool of his blood. Must have been a customer. I ducked-down and reported to Clay, Alan and Tim over my radio. Suddenly, one of the perps shot through the window just above me and showered glass down all over the place. I grabbed the Beowulf, stood back-up on the crate, fired-off 2 300gr .50cal rounds hitting the 2 standing armed robbers, blowing their pieces across the store into the shelves and all over the walls, with another one ducking back behind the front counter, and returning fire with his shotgun, hitting just to my left, through the remaing window glass. I fired 5 300gr .50cal rounds from the Beowulf .50cal into the counter front at the spot he was crouching behind (7 of 11 rounds from that mag), and saw a huge amount of his blood and tissue matter splatter the wall behind. It was over quickly. I ducked back down and radioed what had happened. Capt Clay was standing behind me and saw my blood running first; then I tasted it. I'd been hit in the face, shoulder and with the sawed-off's 12ga blast from the guy who ducked behind the front counter, before I killed him. Well, his day didn't turn-out so well, and now, neither did mine.

Clay had already radioed for ambulances and medics, and they'd arrived. I just slumped down on the crate and leaned the Beowulf against the wall, again, and began feeling my left face cheek and arm/shoulder, where all of the blood was coming from. I could also see the holes in my range vest and t-shirt, where the .00 buckshot had penetrated. Both of us put pressure on my cheek and arm/shoulder, to stem the bleeding. Funny, I didn't feel a thing at the time, due to all my adrenaline, but now it was starting to sting and hurt. The medics immediately got me into the ambulance and set to work: IV-Plasma-drip, morphine injection, picking 4 .00 buckshot out of my left shoulder and arm, which hadn't penetrated very deep due to the clothing (thanks, Range Vest and mags); actually, just barely under skin level. But the cheek wound was deep; in fact, the .00 buckshot had fully-penetrated my left cheek and broken-off a tooth, which I spit out. I must have swallowed the small lead ball(s), but they wanted to get me to Memorial Hospital for x-rays to make sure it hadn't lodged-in my back throat or worse, into my brainstem area. All the wounds needed cleaning and stitches and a full-set of X-Rays would need to be done, just to be sure. It was precautionary but necessary, and I didn't argue at all. They needed to know and so did I.

Four dead (3 perps and 1 employee) inside the store; two alive (1 employee and 1 customer) and both quite terrified. I told Clay that my keys were still in the Jeep; please take care of it. He said he'd secure it and the Beowulf – he also took my Kimber .45cal and Galco Fed Holster, both of which were covered with blood, to secure – and that he'd be at the ER (Emergency Room) within 10-15 minutes, after Sgt Alex arrived and took-over the crime scene, until the AJPD Forensics Examiner got here and began his investigation. They had an IV-Plasma-drip in my left arm and shot-me-up with some painkiller, as we traveled "Code 3" (lights and siren) to the ER Entrance. A full-exam room and a medical team of 4, including 2 surgeons and 2 surgical nurses, were waiting. After loading me onto a gurney, they stripped-me-down and set to work, cleaning-out the wounds and stitching-up the shoulder, arm and cheek holes. (I'd had much worse in Nam, and when I was shot in Florida in '74, but those stories are for another time.) I was covered with blood: range vest, "Firearms Instructor" T-shirt, Sheriff Deputy's cap, Deputy Badge, jeans, shoes, underwear, socks, so all of it came-off and I was washed-down and checked for any other wounds. They gave me a blood transfusion (O-Pos) to replace the Plasma IV-Drip, for all the blood I'd lost, and I got one of those "infamous blue gowns" with a gap down the backside; shit, it was *suddenly cold* in that place. Then, to the X-Ray Dept for film, and the attending Dr "read" them. I had indeed swallowed the 2 pellets – they were floating inside my stomach with breakfast and would "pass-out" – which had made the 3/8" hole in my left cheek, and which was now cleaned and closed with 3 stitches. The tooth had stopped any further penetration of the lead balls. No further or life-threatening injuries beyond the cheek and tooth, both of which would heal. The tooth would need a cap or to be pulled and replaced. All were relieved that surgery wasn't necessary (so was I), so the ER Surgery Team stood-down, while I was wheeled on the gurney back to the ER Exam Room for more clean-up and evaluation. Clay and Deputy Tim were waiting and got the good medical news. Clay had called William, my Cabin/Jenny caretaker, and Deputy Tim had met him at The Cabin to get a change of clothes for me, and feed and water Jenny, as they might keep me overnight at Memorial Hospital, for "observation". I wanted out ASAP, and to go home. I don't like hospitals or doctor's offices either, for that matter.

Capt Clay told me through the "morphine painkiller fog" that the PA State Police back-up units had arrived, a CSI Unit would be here by 7am Monday, and that the scene was secured. My Jeep was now back at the AJPD in the locked, new Impound Area, for safekeeping, until I was ready to drive it home. I was ready to go, but couldn't drive safely, in this "medicated condition". Deputy Tim had brought William along to drive me home in the Jeep and he and Tim would go along and stay with me, until I was safely in bed and asleep. I got dressed in clean, dry clothes, trying to be careful of all the stitches and bandages in-place on my left face, shoulder and arm. One of the PA State Troopers, Cpl Ben Leonardi, who'd been at my Cabin's shooting range for the morning's weapons delivery and instruction, came by to see me, and I thanked him for his concern. He'd been at Roy's Shell Station when the "2-11 call" came in, and he and 3 other Troopers responded for back-up, and he decided to come to the Hospital when he'd heard that I'd been shot.

After doing what seemed like a small mountain of paperwork, I was discharged and Deputy Tim and William The Caretaker took me back to the AJPD, to get the Jeep. I had my left arm in a hospital-issued sling, which was uncomfortable but necessary to immobilize it for healing. Everyone there was concerned but smiling at the news that I'd be okay. William drove the Jeep out of the Impound Area, I climbed-in slowly and Tim followed, while I nodded-off in the passenger seat. Within 20 minutes, we were back at The Cabin, and they helped me inside, brought-in my bloody clothes and gear, in plastic bags, and helped me get into bed. Jenny "knew" something was very wrong and I could hear her faint whines through the sedation, which mercifully, was beginning to wear-off, as I dozed-off to sleep. I'd eaten 6 aspirin (325mg) before I climbed into bed since the painkiller was wearing-off, and had a bottle of them plus a glass of water on the nightstand. William checked all the windows and doors, spotlights, left the Bathroom light on for me, set the alarm and he and Deputy Tim left, with a note on the kitchen table that either Tim or Clay would be back in the morning, after calling me on my cellphone, which was also left on the nightstand. It was now 19:30hrs (9:30pm) and I was out-like-a-light.

I woke-up at 03:00hrs (3:00am) with some pain and took another 6 aspirin, carefully went to the Bathroom for a *whiz*, and then back to sleep. It was thundering and raining; my favorite "sleeping music". No weird dreams, just restful and deep REM sleep, for a change.

At 10:00hrs (10:00am), the cellphone rang, and it was Clay asking how I was doing. I was very sore and some bandages had blood on them and needed changing, but I was going to live. He said he and Tim were less-than-15 minutes away and would stop by, help me get ready to go back to Memorial Hospital and get the bandages changed, and see if there were any meds I needed. I slowly climbed out of bed, watered & fed Jenny, disarmed the building, found my bloody Kimber .45cal, released the mag, and washed both off in the Kitchen sink with soap and warm water. I sat down at the empty Dining Room Table, without the left arm sling, the Hoppe's Gun Cleaning Kit with 7 sheets of newspaper underneath, and cleaned/lubed the Kimber's insides, loaded a new magazine and cleaned-up the bloody Galco Holster, along with my Deputy's Badge, belt and shoes. Clay and Tim arrived within a few minutes and I let them in.

"You're looking pretty good for an "old fart" who got the shit-shot out of himself yesterday", Clay said. I managed a faint laugh and smile. I was dressed, had the sling on, and they'd brought coffee for me. I wasn't hungry, so I skipped breakfast. They noticed the gun cleaning I'd already done on the DR Table, and Tim cleaned it up the remnants and put things away for me. I thanked them both for their concern and help. After arming the building, we piled into the back of Capt Clay's Cruiser – no room in the front seat anymore, as there's too much equipemnt in the once-passenger front seat area of all the Cruisers, now – and they drove me to the ER to get examined, bandages changed and any meds I needed. I didn't want any opiate-based painkillers, which are personally-addicting for me; instead, I'd stay with the basic OTC (Over The Counter) 325mg aspirin for pain relief. They were amazed at that decision, but it was what I preferred. I was pronounced "healing well and fit-to-travel" by the attending physician, who had read my chart from Sunday afternoon/evening's shooting, and released to go about my business. He advised me to keep using the sling, so the arm/shoulder would heal faster, but I couldn't keep it on more than a day or two.

It was raining again. We drove back to the AJPD's Conference Room, where I gave electronic statements on the "Minute Market 2-11", from what I'd remembered, and relaxed on Clay's big leather couch. The 3-man CSI Unit from Harrisburg was using my Office, next door to Clay's, and I also gave them the same electronic statement for their report. I looked through the incident file at all the pics they'd shot, and there were 2 in there of my blood on the cinderblock wall's window and on the crate where I'd slumped after being shot. A slight chill went through me, because if the .00 buckshot had hit just 1-3" farther left of my left cheek, I'd probably be dead. Likewise, if the arm/shoulder wound had been 3-4" higher up, ditto the same conclusion. The range vest had definitely saved me from any deep chest penetration, and I'd be getting a new one to replace the bloody, hole-filled older unit. The CSI guys asked why I hadn't used my Kevlar Vest, and I replied that it wouldn't have prevented either the face or shoulder/arm wounds, since it only covers the chest's "vital area", like the range vest did. At point-blank range, it's still not 100% against .00 buckshot/slugs/sabots or large-bore rifle/handgun slugs, anyway.

All the questions and reports over and done with, I spent some time talking with the AJPD Office Staff and my favorite, Ruth The Dispatcher, who was like a "2nd Mother" to me. She admonished me to get fitted for a "full suit of armor and wear it, dammit!" Clay drove me back to The Cabin, stopping for some more coffee for us, and we sat in the Living Room, and talked for a while, until he got a call that he was needed back at the station. He thanked me again for what I'd done for his Police Station, Officers and weapons plus instruction, on Sunday. I told him that I was going to get things ready here, since I'd be leaving around 18:00hrs (6:00pm) to get back to York, and that I'd probably not be back until my business was either closed-down for good, or "a miracle happened" and I'd still be around. But there wasn't going to be any "miracle". In any case, I had to work 7-days-a-week for the rest of September, and wouldn't be back here until sometime after that point-in-time; William would have to take care of Jenny and everything else. We shook hands and he asked me to "please keep in touch, daily", and left. I was sorry to see him go, as he was a friend I could count on.

At 13:30hrs (1:30pm), it started raining and I had a "sudden craving for chocolate", and wanted to go to the new "Chocolates Shop", just opened by Troy & Jennifer Amderson, who'd also bought and moved into the old Benson Home with the built-in solar-greenhouse. Clay said he'd never had better chocolate, all hand-made by them into very, very special candies, truffles and many other special items. Yeah, yeah, I'd sworn-off all of "those things" – alcohol, high fructose corn syrup anything, chocolate, sugar (I use all-natural Truvia® Sweetner instead), pasta, bread, all dairy – to lose the 85-lbs (247 to 162) I needed to, but I wanted to "treat myself" after yesterday's "convenience store incident", so I slowly got ready, turned the AC to 77°F, put Jenny on her leash and into the Jeep, armed the building and drove to town. It's be the last time I'd see Adam's Junction for a while; Jenny, too, until "I got many things straightened-out in York". I decided to drive around town for a while and see some of the old homes, to re-imprint them on my memory until I had a chance to get back here, someday.

There are so many places in Adam's Junction worth remembering in such a quaint old village: the Fire Dep't, the Methodist Church, the Catholic Church, the Lutheran Church, the Police Station & Town Hall, the Dept of Public Works, the the old Carriage House & Library, the homes on South Poplar Street, newly-purchased, now Amderson Home, the Acton Home, the Franklin Mansion, the Adams' Mansion, Henderson home, the Adam's Junction Bed & Breakfast Inn, the Jefferson Mansion, the Jackson Mansion, the Tidewell Mansion, the Barton's Mansion, the Gen Habor's Mansion, the Brickman's House, the Belton Machine Foundry, and Old Mrs Patagonia's Bakery, and Bev & Tony's General Store in Summer, the Adam's Junction Hotel, the Capitol Hotel, and Nell's Kitchen Restaurant & Drive-In, AJ's Main Street in Spring, AJ's Main Street in Spring, AJ's Main Street in Summer, AJ's Main Street in Summer, AJ's Main Street in Summer, AJ's Main Street in Summer, AJ's Main Street in Winter, AJ's Main Street in Winter, north end of AJ's Main Street, the south end of AJ's Main Street, that alleyway off Main Street, the west side of AJ's Town Square, the east side of AJ's Town Square, the south side of AJ's Town Square, the Town Square Memorial Park, some shops just off The Town Square, and one of the Town Square's "residents", the Rosedale Law Firm Building" on Maple & 27th Streets, and Sam's Barbershop, and Bank & Maple Streets' intersection, the Midlands' Garden Center, Hopewell Heating & AC (HVAC), the Fair & Picnic Grounds, plus so many more places it's mind-boggling, for a "virtual town", isn't it?

Before I knew it, it was almost 17:00hrs (5:00pm) and I went to the Amderson's Chocolates Shop, but it was closed. I'd have to wait until I returned to Adam's Junction to meet them and sample their "unusual chocolate goodies", but I'd heard from Clay and Bev & Tony, that they were "very special people", and I knew we'd hit-it-off right away. It was now time to head back to The Cabin, begin

packing-up and closing-down, so I could leave by 18:30hrs (6:30pm), or thereabouts. It was raining again; this time, it was a blinding downpour and I had to drive very slowly as I couldn't even see 25ft in front of me. By the time we'd pulled into my driveway, it was back to a "simple rain", but 4-6" rivers of water were running across the 1,000ft gravel drive to The Cabin and down the 4-acre meadow to the creek below. The Jeep easily blew through it and I parked at The Cabin's front porch, in the turnaround circle drive. I called William, my reliable and quite good "handyman-caretaker", to get parts of the 1,000ft drive re-stoned with ½" crushed bluestone gravel, since several spots had washed-out and were now scattered through the meadow. He's also need to be careful mowing that area, as the gravel could damage his mower and send projectiles flying everywhere. He said that he'd take care of both The Cabin clean-up, laundry etc, and Jenny, until I returned; not to worry.

I brought Jenny inside, fed and watered her for the last time. Her 2 bowls of dry food, water bowl and wet food bowl were filled and she was set for the night. It was a very rainy and humid 68°F, according to my Cabin's Professional-Grade Weather Station, and even more t-storms were on their way from the southwestern states, toward us as a result of the Tropical Storms in the Gulf Region. I packed-up, piled-up my stuff by the front door and sat down with Jenny, to brush, belly-rub and "talk to her about things", before I left. My wounded face cheek and left arm/shoulder were "thumping" now, but a few aspirin helped. After checking all the windows, doors and spotlights, turning up the AC to 80°F, I loaded the Jeep, armed the building and headed down the driveway to the long road to I-83 South, to York. Someday, I'd be back, but at this point-in-time, I didn't know when. (Please Jump Back Up To "Around The Garden Center".)

The End Of My Era

A week later, I'm still in a state-of-shock about going out of business, after 21+ years. I thought the full-force of it would have sunk-in by now, but it hasn't done so, totally and completely. After the unpleasant 10am Staff Mtg last Thursday in my Office, when I broke all the details to my remaining 6 employees, "it" hit me again, and as I changed the front gate/answering

machine/Website hours to "Limited Fall Hours" for September's 35% Off Sale, it hit me even harder.

"Lord, Please grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the Courage to change the things I can; and the Wisdom to know the difference."

With ZERO JOBS added in August, the "2nd" DEPRESSION just got worse. Make NO mistake about it: we are in a DEPRESSION NOT a "recession"! In fact, we never left the 1st DEPRESSION, IMO. Soon, we'll be LOSING JOBS on a scale that'll dwarf last Fall's bad numbers. And people wonder why small businesses are going under at such an alarming rate? The assholes in DC – ∅bummer (RACIST-IL) and Congress – don't know what they're doing; they're only making it worse by inerferring with us creating jobs by piling more taxes, rules and regs upon us each week. Hang on; it's going to be a very, very bumpy ride. "John Silvia, chief economist for Wells Fargo Securities, said the economy remains at risk as long as most households are struggling with weak wages, rising prices and the loss of household wealth." That last phrase is what has killed my business after 21+ years. Figured it out, yet? I knew this was coming many months ago. Even if we get rid of ∅bummer&Co, this damage he's done to America will take 5-7 years to "fix".

I'm now trying to get a number of landscape jobs, which we've 98% completed, with the exception of some heat-burned Birches on July 4th Weekend, finished, and had 2 of my LSCP Crew go out Friday to install the 4-stem 20gal "River-Heritage" Birches in the Customers' landscapes, finally-completing their jobs. They'd paid for everything except the trees and labor to install them, and now I can bill-out those plus the remaining labor. There are several more jobs either "in and on the books" or "coming in", but very limited in scope, and most people are still putting-off all hardscape jobs until next Spring, of which there won't be one for us without those jobs being completed right now.

The task ahead of you is never as great as The Power behind you.

"My Father used to tell me that if I worked hard, it would pay off in the long run. How could he have been so blind? Laziness pays off now!"

Shit-for-brains, socialist, racist, commie, incompetent, inept dirtbag, lowlife half-breed ∅bummer&Co are really and truly "The Enemies Within The Gates", and destroying America piece-by-piece. My now-failing Small Business is but one of many, many thousands of once-very-successful businesses, nationwide. I feel terrible for those who've lost everything and are now probably living out of their vehicles, thanks 100% to ∅bummer&Co. Here's just one example of the damage he's done and doing to America's Small Businesses, like mine, to put them all – and me – completely out-of-business.

∅bummer&Co Are The Destroyers of America & Jobs

That is the gross understatement of the year, possibly the decade, if there ever was one. ∅bummer (RACIST-IL) is a racist, subhuman pig-fucking muslim infiltrator bent on destroying the US from within, with sharia-pigshit law, a hate-America, hate-Whitey, subversive Leninist, dirtbag, lowlife half-breed,

a Chicago nigger ghetto punk, union-thug puppet, commie-liberal-progressive-demokkkRAT, pathological liar, an inept hack, an incompetent amateur, a self-effacing poseur, and worst-of-all possibilities for America, POTUS.

We are all victims. We are all pawns in their games. We are all subject the whims of fate. We are powerless to help ourselves. Even the weather conspires against us and wishes to do us harm. Only allegiance to an all-powerful government can protect us. In other words: Vote Democrat, or suffer from a Katrina-type disaster. Fear sells.

That sambo and his shit-for-brains, totally-incompetent, white-trash asshole VP, Joey "Hair Plugs" Biden (ASSHOLE-DE) wield and co-control such great power in the corrupt US Government – along with Rep Nancy "Stretch" Pelosi (BOTOX-CA) and Sen "Dingy Harry" Reid (CROOK-NV) – is totally unthinkable to our failing Constitutional Republic, once the envy of every nation on the face of this planet. Now, we're becoming a "Turd-World Nation", very quickly, under their combined, corrupt, criminal "leadership".

Shit-for-brains ∅bummer's (LIAR-IL) "Green Industry" Scam is failing faster than any computer can count. This is the 10th or 11th company which has folded-up since ∅bummer's (NIGGA-IL) scam went into effect, funneling our hard-earned tax dollars into losing ventures, to prop-up union-thugs and other, assorted lowlife scum and filth. Just like ∅bummer's (CRIMINAL-IL) Evergreen Solar and Conergy Solar and dozens of other frauds he set-up for kickbacks, did. The whole "solar industry" is a SCAM, a LIE and a FRAUD, like ∅bummer (FILTH-IL) is!

A new ∅bummer (SCUM-IL) 1% tax on all bank transactions – HR 4646 – coming right after the November 2012 General Elections? Watch for it, "under the radar". Oh, never mind; the bill is now DOA.

FOX News: "Labor Secretary Hilda Solis (TRAITOR-CA) has overseen a number of signed agreements between U.S. agencies and foreign officials pledging to give migrant (criminal, illegal alien) workers the full protections

of U.S. workplace laws – regardless of their legal status – and she says her department will uphold them. Solis says foreign workers need to know their rights, so that they can lodge complaints without fear that they will be fired or deported. She believes the signed agreements with countries like El Salvador and Mexico will serve to 'remove those fears'." IMO, the filthy bitch is a traitor and should be summarily tried and executed.

"Slow jobs recovery forecast ahead"? How about *more than 400,000 jobs per month lost for every month, for the foreseeable future, White House assholes? And ZERO JOBS added in August, treasonous, commie scumbags! Unemployment still at 9.1% and climbing.

Ashlawn Energy, Willoughby, Ohio, is another US Taxpayer-funded "green jobs company" which will fail within 1-2 years; mark my words! It's just more islamic ∅bummer (LIAR-IL) dogshit on the pile! They're all garbage, shit and trash, on OUR DOLLARS!

Other side, dumbasses!

∅bummer's (GARBAGE-IL) partial list of 25 Impeachable Crimes Against America. And the other list of the other 25 Impeachable Offenses & Crimes by the criminal, corrupt, commie, Chicago nigga-boy thug. IMPEACH HIM!

Get out of the way of business, ∅bummer douchebag asshole punk! You're no American or black man; you're a subhuman, piece-of-shit, racist, lowlife, commie, hate-America NIGGER!

Asshole ∅bummer (PIGSHIT-IL) is the willing, likely star of a new, murderous, muslim, islamic Palestinian media campaign.

∅bummer's (COMMIE-IL) has an insidious plan to destroy America's Small Businesses, increase unemployment to astronomical numbers and make everyone dependent upon "The Government Cheese".

Lowlife ∅bummer (muslim-IL) says 9-11 is not about subhuman, murderous muslim/islamic terrorism or al Queerda, but it's to be "a day of public service". BULLSHIT, islamic piece-of-pigshit asshole! It's 10 years later, and America and the world have forgotten what happened on that terrible Tuesday in September. I WILL NEVER FORGET, DAMMIT!

Things Which Make Your Head Explode

Bush, if you didn't take really, really, really TAKE GREAT PLEASURE AT THE NEWS OF BIN LADEN'S ASSASSINATION, then you're the RINO asshole I think you are! I danced a jig when I heard it! I celebrated! If I was a drinking man, I would have popped Champagne bottles! IMO, we should have turned Mecca to a *glass parking lot* and nuked ½ of the Middle Eastern hellholes if that subhuman pigshit, called islam and killed as many fucking subhuman muslim filth here in the US, as possible! WE'RE AT WAR, BUSH, YOU ASSHOLE! I haven't respected you since I found out that you're a big government-loving, free-spending, liberal-RINO asshole.

Lowlife, dirtbag, liar, RINO, treasonous Manchurian defector, commie asshole, America-hater, US Taxpayer Trough Feeder For Life, shit-for-brains Sen John "No Brains" McCain (TRAITOR-AZ) "honored"? For what? I spit on him personally, and piss/shit on his treasonous service to America, in VietNam, where he was "turned by the VC commies". McCain is a TRAITOR TO AMERICA!

Are you and your family ready to survive when TSHTF? And it will, all too soon enough, a few months before the 2012 General Election. Here's where to start your prep work planning. Get busy; it's not all that far off.

Speaking of lowlife, dirtbag, liar, RINO, treasonous sons-of-a-bitch, Gove Rick Perry (TRAITOR-TX) just loves the subhuman, murderous islamic filth and has untold ties to them, which are so under the radar, very few know about it.

Where's the duct tape?

Black unemployment hits record highs? No wonder it does, when they act like this. Shoot & kill the subhuman, feral garbage!

Awwwwww, no InterNet? Get used to and deal with it, folks. Life isn't coming to an end. Find something "useful" to do, for a change.

Individuals who are not authorized to work in the United States (i.e. immigrants in the country illegally) last year collected $4.2 billion in tax refunds from the Internal Revenue Service, according to a new audit from the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA).

Phoenix-based "Nuestros Reconquistos" claims that there will be a war very similar to the US Civil War, fought in the next five years. "La Raza and MEChA have already talked to Latinos and Phoenix and explained that Latinos need to arm themselves for war," says Nuestros Reconquistos President Manuel Longoria. Latino groups believe they have enough people in states such as California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas to successfully wage a war on the United States. Bring it, subhuman wetbacks! We're now eagerly waiting and will kill you on-sight! With 700,000 hunters in Pennsylvania, 600,000 in Wisconsin and another 500,000 in Michigan alone, plus tens-of-millions more around the America – numbering 80-to-100 million, *well-armed* US Citizens – we're easily the *world's largest standing army*, you dumb assholes. Bring it on and die, NOW!

Some 39 people shot in New York Shitty over Labor Day weekend; another 9 shot in 12 hours just in Brooklyn. Yeah, "Gun Control" is really working, you stupid, fucking moronic Bloomberg asshole! The feral filth are out-of-control, once again, as they were under Emperor/Mayor Davey "shit-for-brains" Dinkins, in the 80s.

Reason #1 why all unions should be banned from the US, and all officers and contributors summarily executed, IMO.

The US Postal Service (USPS) is going to default on a $5.5 BILLION payment? They can't deliver shit! *Privatize* it and let UPS and FedEx do the deliveries, on time and within budget! Fuck the shitty USPS! It's the fucking, thug-filled, hate-filled, anti-America unions which are causing the problem, once again! Get rid of the damned unions; they're commies and Marxists!

Some People Just Need Killing

It's not my intention to be the judge here — that's God's "job" — but rather to "hasten the meeting" so that He can send the following subhuman filth to the "Fires of Hell", "River or Lake of Sulphur", or whatever He deems appropriate. I'd gladly/happily volunteer, at no cost to any of my Hard-Working, Fellow US Taxpayers, to gladly/gleefully/happily headshoot these murderous, lowlife dirtbags of all stripes — their skin-color doesn't matter to me, at all — and rid American Society's innocents (especially our precious children and the frail, defenseless elderly) of them, once-and-for-all. And yes, I'd rather see one innocent man convicted and executed, than 10 murderers/robbers/child rapists-murderers freed, to rob, rape and murder again. Hey; call me an "Old Fashioned Conservative"! Too harsh? Nah. Just & RIGHT!

Yes, I agree with the premise of this article, that "the death penalty is a Noahic Covenant with God, in a post-flood world", and America should apply it everyday to those deserving death for their crimes against society.

Society's innocents — our precious, defenseless children and the frail, defenseless elderly — must be protected from predators, murderers, rapists, robbers and other subhuman filth, at all times and at any cost.

This is more total and complete bullshit and lies from liber-progressive FOX News: "Death penalty convictions are way down in the United States and the bad economy appears to be one of the reasons. Studies show (SHOW ME THE STUDIES, DAMMIT!) it costs on average 2-3 times more for a death penalty case than a comparable murder case where the state is seeking life in prison without parole." I can kill the piece-of-subhuman shit for under 50¢, with a single .45cal shot to the head, from my Kimber 1911 "Eclipse Target II" .45cal ACP, at NO CHARGE TO ANY COUNTY/STATE OR FEDERAL TAXPAYER, ANYWHERE IN THE USA! I'll travel at my own expense and execute the murderous subhumans, gladly, for less-than-pennies-on-the-dollar!

Don't waste US Taxpayer Money on re-convicting and jailing this murderous, subhuman muslim filth – Emadeddin Muntasser, Samir Al-Monla and Muhammed Mubayyid – KILL THEM! They're pig-fucking islamic trash and garbage: KILL THEM!

Corrupt, criminal, fat-slob, liar, alcoholic, ∅bummer-turd-polisher, Teamster president Jimmy "shit-for-brains" Hoffa Jr, needs what his old man got: a bullet in the head and a cement hole grave in The Meadowlands, IMO, for this hate-filled bullshit about us Tea Party Patriots. Hoffa is a punk asshole!

Stand the hate-America, bigoted, racist, subhuman, hate-filled, piece-of-lowlife-leftist-shit, Alvin Forbes Sr, an Illinois Department of Human Rights left-wing-wacko employee, against a wall, and summarily-execute him for felony violation of state ethics laws against political activity, IMO! Forbes is subhuman filth/garbage/shit/trash!

KILL this feral nigga, subhuman flash mob filth! KILL THEM ALL!

Valid CSS!

Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict